Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The big day

Tomorrow is the big day. Wes has been scheduled for an EEG. After our consultation with the neurologist, he suggested doing an EEG just to rule out any brain issues and possible seizures. I'm certain that Wes has not had any seizures but it's better to be safe then sorry.

I have not been looking forward to this day at all. Since the first mention of an EEG, I've been anxious about the procedure. They want a sleep deprived EEG done. That means that Wes can only sleep from 10pm tonight to 2am tomorrow. The appointment is for 7:15am at our local hospital. I'm trying to run through every senario that could possibly happen. He won't fall asleep during the test or we won't be able to keep him awake before then. He'll tantrum through the whole thing and it will be pointless or he'll fall asleep in my arms and the test will go smoothly (not likely).

Thankfully, my sister has offered to take Casey over night for us so we won't have to worry about him and Tim and I can take Wesley together to the hospital. Tim and I have decided to take sleep shifts. We're still working that out. Hopefully, the everything will go great. There will be no hiccups and I can be thankful it's behind us. I'll be sure to update tomorrow at some point.

No comments:

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...