Monday, December 31, 2007

Best christmas gift

I know I should have posted this before the EEG, but better late than never right?

This year, I received the best gift I could ever get. Wesley, without prompting, said "Hi Mama" and looked me right in the eye. No wrapping or bows could ever take the place of hearing the sweet word "Mama" come from the lips of your 3 year old son for the first time. He has never labeled me without prompting. I wasn't even sure if he knew what to call me. He labels Daddy all the time and even labels Casey without fail. Me, well, not until Christmas Day 2007. It simply melted my heart.

I still feel the pangs of sadness knowing Wes wants nothing to do with Christmas. Casey opened his gifts with such excitement and it was nice getting to experience that. Deep down, I want it from both my boys. Someday it will happen, but I'll never get back this time with Wes. Being 2 and 3 years old is magical at Christmas time. So innocent and in the moment.

This year, my resolution is to just enjoy my children the way they are. Every little milestone will be celebrated to its fullest. Wes has accomplished so much in the last year. He still blows my mind with each new word and each new sentence. Casey, well there isn't anything that boy won't try. No couch is too high and no gate will hold him back. I hope he carries that his entire life. He can do anything he puts his mind to. How amazing is that?

4 comments:

sweetpeas said...

Oh that little boy is a heart breaker!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like he is making amazing progress. School must be a wonderful place to bloom and grow It alway s pulls at your hearstrings whenthe say something so meaningful
Rember that this happens with all children in different sitiatioms in life Eveyone grows and develops at rheir own rste. Heis a real trooper and ne wll do well zzzzzzzzzzzzI fee
it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Baby,

I KNEW THE BRIGHTER DAYS WOULD COME, AND THERE ARE STILL EVEN BETTER ONES AHEAD. ONE JUMP AT A TIME.
BE HAPPY AND LOVE THE BOYS AND STAY THE STRAIGHT LINE AND THINGS WILL BE JUST FINE. tHAT IS IF YOU CAN KEEP UP!!!!!
MOM

Ashley said...

That is enough to make me tear up, I'm so overjoyed for you. Happy New Year, I hope 2008 brings more happiness than you thought possible.

(btw, I'm not a random crazy gal, I know your husband through Cyburbia)

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...