Sunday, September 9, 2007

2007 Autism Speaks - Walk Now for Autism

The walk has come and gone. It's amazing how fast something approaches when you're anxious for it. It was our first walk for Autism since Wes was diagnosed. I think it was pretty successful, minus the weather.

It was a very muggy, very overcast day. I think everyone was praying that the rain would hold off until after the walk, but it didn't. It rained about a half hour before the actual walk started. And boy did it rain! The only person who didn't mind it one bit, was Wes. You would think he was just released from prison for good behavior. From the time we arrived (10ish in the morning) until we left (around 1 pm) he ran. I have never seen this child so full of nonstop energy. That's mostly my fault because I'm always too afraid to just let him run. What if he runs and doesn't stop? What if he runs into the road and I can't catch him? What if...? The list goes on. He was a bit surprised by the rain but that didn't stop him. He flapped and laughed through the whole walk. He was given lots of compliments on how cute he was although Casey was trying to steal the show.

All in all, it was a good day. Our team raised $3,608.00. We didn't quite reach our goal of $5,000.00, but there's always next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rain is crushing for some [part of the reason we're not returned to England!]
And yes, there's always next year.
Best wishes

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...