Saturday, July 28, 2007

Much Needed Vacation

We took a much needed vacation this past week. Tim took the week off from work and we did some fun family stuff. It was nice not to worry about therapies and nap schedules and being stuck in the house.
The first leg of the vacation we headed north to Maine. My parents have a beautiful house on a small pond just over the border. We stayed there for a few days. Wesley loved playing on the shore and practiced his throwing arm by throwing rocks into the water. He also decided to pretend to be a mud monster and covered himself from head to toe in mud. Who cares, we're on vacation! We did some outlet shopping and considered against taking a train ride. The times the train was leaving was at lunch time and then again at nap time. Oh well, maybe next year. The last leg, we spent at home doing family things. We took the boys and my 7 year old nephew to a children's museum. Wes loved running through the submarine climbing structure and my nephew enjoyed chasing him around. All 3 boys were on their best behavior. We had a special lunch at McDonald's and headed home. We took a couple of jaunts to the pool and more shopping.
I didn't want Wes to get too far away from his therapies so we did some basic stuff throughout the week to keep his mind fresh. We saw some cows at a farm and Wes responded with "mmooooo". I love that he's making these connections on his own.
All in all, it was a good week. I'm sad that it's over already. I'm trying to keep my frame of mind positive and keeping the thought that I can do things with them on my own. It will be much harder to wrangle them alone, but still fun in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, they always are over much too soon. [I know what you mean about a treat to MacDonald's}
Cheers

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...