Friday, June 29, 2007

Morning Surprise

The other morning, we woke up to a surprise from Wes. When I checked on him the night before, nothing seemed unusual. He was laying in his bed, upside down with his weighted blanket across his hips. I left him as he was. Usually, I go in, turn him around and give him a kiss. It has been rather hot here and I didn't want to disturb him. I'm kicking myself now!

Tim came into our bedroom and said "Guess what your son did". Well it could have been a number of things. He could had destroyed his room, pulled everything out of his drawers, or pulled every book off the shelf. Well none of that happened, but he did pull off his diaper at some point in the night and peed all over his bed and bedding. The diaper I did have on him was bone dry. Was was up and running around his room stark naked saying "Hi, how are you?" The correct answer should have been annoyed, angry, dumbfounded. Instead I say "I'm good. And you?"

Tim walks him to the bathroom to give him a quick shower and I proceed to strip his bed. Everything is damp. From his pillowcase to the beanbags in his weighted blanket. Just how I want to spend my morning. Covered in urine. I still have no idea when he took his diaper off. Was it before he fell asleep or did he wake up in the middle of the night? Did it come off on it's own (doubtful)? We get the boys downstairs to start breakfast and I take the bedding downstairs to start washing. I had to send Tim to a laundry mat to wash his comforter because I was afraid it was too big for the washing machine.

I've learned my lesson. I will now make it a point to go in and check on the boy. Double check that his diaper is secure and tight and that he hasn't taken it off again. I guess I should be grateful that it was urine and not something else smeared on the walls. I've heard the horror stories, but never did I imagine that Wes would do this. His OT was very pleased by this story. She said that it means he's got good fine motor skills. With dripping sarcasm I said I'm tickled pink as well.

1 comment:

sweetpeas said...

I love Wes's pee pee stories - they are always so cute!

Im not so sure at the time you thought he was so cute. Im sure now looking back on it the cuteness is revealed. LOL

Luv Kel

Fast Forward

It's been nearly 9 years since my last post. Wow, have things changed! I'm not sure why I stopped posting to my blog. It was mos...